Thursday, June 19, 2008

Students' Characteristics

It is now on my second week of teaching computer and internet subjects for the 3rd and 4th year students here in Holy Cross Academy, as my relationship toward the students is getting better, I can now determined what are their characteristics, even on the first day of our laboratory activities. I am currently teaching 8 sections in this school, 4 for the 3rd year level and also 4 sections for seniors, averaging 45 students per section. During our first meeting,
I presented to them my requirements for the subjects; I am going to teach them how to create a static website using both note pad and Dreamweaver and and graphic application such as fireworks for the third year and Dynamic website, Animation using Flash Application and Simple database using MS Access for the 4th year level. I came out to this Idea after consulted them of what computer software they use during their previous year, After I found out that they are almost the same in response (both 4th year and 3rd year), They are only knew how to use MS office application, even though they have a textbooks for their computer subject but their teacher did not use it. This is one of the reasons why so many parents reacted very much about their computer subjects. Now, they are on the 3rd exercises for their laboratory works, and I can see their faces their interest of this subjects.

No comments: