Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Flash 8 tutorial: Mouse Cursor

One of the software I used in my computer is the Flash 8, I taught my 4th HS students 3 to 4 times a week using this software. As of now, I introduce them how to deal with actionscripting, of course, stating from the very basic.

here is one of my lesson I shared to them, how to change the mouse cursor the way they want to.

  1. create a new file in Flash Document. Use any size, set FPS to 24.
  2. a rectangle tool, choose the best color you want.
  3. the subselection tool > click on one of the corner of the rectangle and drag it to the center of the rectangle, make it sure that it looks like a mouse pointer, adjust more if you want, then convert your object to symbol > movie clip
  4. Go to Actions in the property inspector of press F9 so that the Actionscript window will appear
  5. On the actionscript menu, select global function > movie control and use the following code: onClipEvent (load)
    {
    startDrag(this,true);
    }
  6. try to view your movie, now your cursor was changed but the original is still visible
  7. insert another layer, on frame1 of your new frame write the following code: Mouse.hide(); this code will hide the original mouse cursor.
  8. Test your movie!

No comments: